Time to set some New Year's resolutions!
I hate to set diet / exercise resolutions. Mostly because I hate to diet or exercise. Well, I like to ski (and it's ski season, baby!) so I guess that counts as exercise, right? Because after skiing all day last Saturday, wow, I felt some muscles I didn't know I had. And as far as diet? I guess I can go with eating more fruits / vegetables and drinking more water. There. Done.
I've set my new GoodReads 2013 Challenge! Last year I signed up at 50 books, and I pulled off reading 54 in total. So, this year, I'm going for 55.
I know, I've been awfully quiet on this blog in the last few weeks. I
- First, the holidays are just so darned busy.
- Second, when the Newtown atrocity happened, it was really heavy on my heart, and it was difficult to write about anything. I didn't want to write about Newtown, but it felt weird trying to write about anything else. So, instead, I argued with my Facebook friends about gun control.
- Third, I was under some Christmas knitting deadlines. Note: American Girl Doll clothes are harder to knit than you might think. It's actually easier to knit a full size sweater than a tiny one (how do people knit Barbie clothes? OMG!).
- Fourth, I think I'm part Maine black bear, because in December, all I wanted to do was hibernate. If I sat on the couch, I would fall asleep. No lie. Ask my family. I think they took pictures. Quite pathetic, really.
- Fifth, the 2nd season of Downton Abbey has re-run on PBS, and Fringe started from the beginning on Science Channel. Two shows I really like. Plus I had a pile of coupons for free rentals at VideoPort that expired December 31. So, yes, I've been watching way too much TV.
- Sixth, and finally, I'm addicted to a stupid MahJong app for iPhone, and I'm
embarrassedproud to say that as of last night, I'm ranked 50th in the world.
Oh, I almost forgot my biggest New Year's Resolution: NO OVERDUE FINES AT THE LIBRARY. Let's see how long I stay on the wagon on this one.....