18 July 2013

Montreal!

I just came back from a most excellent family getaway to Montreal.  Just two overnights.... only enough to make me want to visit the city much more!  If you've heard the line that Montreal is a real "cosmopolitan" city, well, this girl says, it's all true.  It's a great place.  Lots of history, lots of business, a vibrant nightlife, student life..... we really can't wait to go back.

And of course, I haunted the bookstores,
both the French and English ones (I didn't browse in any bookstores that carried books in both languages; just either one or the other.  Typical Montreal, I think).  

Check out this little number:


I couldn't help but laugh.  And agree.

And besides the wise advisory from Penguin, you can see Yours Truly and Dear Husband in the reflection!

For more funsies, you can see a few more of my vacation photos on Instagram: I'm "thepageturner" over there.


Cathedral-Marie-Reine-du-Monde.  The architecture in Montreal is stunning.


By the way, I'm reading The Ocean at the End of the Lane right now and LOVING it.  More on that another day!

Now get out there and enjoy this hot weather! 

No comments:

Post a Comment